[Help] How can I go to Banff from Calgary International Airport? 
Posted: 10 November 2009 03:33 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2009-06-28
Total Posts:  13

It’s the first time I go abroad, and I found on ITS2009 website that the most affordable way is by Shuttle, starting at $53.
Then what is a Shuttle? Shuttle bus or short-distance airplane? Is there a public bus between Calgary airport and Banff ?

Posted: 10 November 2009 03:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-04-18
Total Posts:  405

shuttles are usualy charter buses

Signature 

http://melbournemultitouch.blogspot.com/
introducing mt to melbourne, one touch @ a time

Posted: 10 November 2009 03:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-10-16
Total Posts:  12

If your staying at a Hotel, they may do free transfers.
Its about 120km/75miles looking at googlemaps!

Posted: 10 November 2009 03:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-06-28

To 2# :
Do you mean if I book an hotel, then they will transfer me for free ?
Or the hotel is limited to Banff Springs hotel´╝č

Posted: 10 November 2009 04:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-09-27
Total Posts:  27

book and they will come

Posted: 10 November 2009 04:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-06-28

Thank you very much~

I’ll contact with the hotels.

Posted: 10 November 2009 08:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-03-26
Total Posts:  144

Are you talking Calgary in canada? if so, then calgary airport in Alberta province, and Banff in B.C. province , like two difference states. few hrs drives. most ppl will rent the cars to get there, or take the small local plane from local airport in calgary to get there.

other options, train or Great Coach, Great grey(long distance bus), pick up point downtown bus terminal, this way will be cheaper then airport shutter bus or by CP(Canadian Pacific) Rail. 

by the way, “Its about 120km/75miles looking at googlemaps!”, may be is true, in fact, is not, most driving is hillside or falling rocks ahead, so you can’t drive very fast speed. but very nice drive view, they called it little Switizland

P.S check the bargain for car rental, often I paid $13-15 Canadian + tax + free milliage economy size few years back, just when you get to the airport, ask around the bargain price (they don’t usually list in the internet) and have your plan B in place.

Be aware, most bus are drop off at Spring Hotel, if you don’t stay in that hotel, you need to take another taxi from there to your desire hotel

Posted: 11 November 2009 06:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-06-28

Oh! thank you very much for your detailed description!

uncledj - 10 November 2009 08:48 AM

Are you talking Calgary in canada? if so, then calgary airport in Alberta province, and Banff in B.C. province , like two difference states. few hrs drives. most ppl will rent the cars to get there, or take the small local plane from local airport in calgary to get there.

other options, train or Great Coach, Great grey(long distance bus), pick up point downtown bus terminal, this way will be cheaper then airport shutter bus or by CP(Canadian Pacific) Rail. 

by the way, “Its about 120km/75miles looking at googlemaps!”, may be is true, in fact, is not, most driving is hillside or falling rocks ahead, so you can’t drive very fast speed. but very nice drive view, they called it little Switizland

P.S check the bargain for car rental, often I paid $13-15 Canadian + tax + free milliage economy size few years back, just when you get to the airport, ask around the bargain price (they don’t usually list in the internet) and have your plan B in place.

Be aware, most bus are drop off at Spring Hotel, if you don’t stay in that hotel, you need to take another taxi from there to your desire hotel