(CCV) Cropping Source Image in the Calibration Settings
Posted: 03 December 2009 06:10 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2009-11-07
Total Posts:  3

Hi everybody.

Is there any way to crop the source image of my camera (Unibrain Fire-i) ?

Let’s say I want just a X rectangular slice (some 700x50) to be mapped and sent from CCV:  how do I do it?

I tried to enter calibration settings: [W] [A] [S] [D] just make me align the projection screen, but I need to edit the source image.

I know I could do it from the client program, but I noticed that CCV place the blob in the center of what it thinks to be the main body of the blob: really unconvenient for my task (= mapping the edges of an hand from the upside).

I would need to receive an ID from the ends of the blob, not from the center.
Now I’m avoiding the camera to “see” everything with some gaffa tape and paper: not a scientific approach wink

Do you have any suggestions? Is there a way to edit this feauture?

thanks in advance.
d

Posted: 03 December 2009 07:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Total Posts:  2539
Dedicated

Unless you know openCV, there isn’t a currently an implementation of cropping.

As for not taking the center blob as the point, that’s also something you would have to customize in code or you could just take the center minus half the height and you’d know where the edge is.

Signature 

MTmini, MTbiggie, & Audiotouch creator & Community Core Vision Co-founder

Follow on:
My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Posted: 04 December 2009 04:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-11-07
Total Posts:  3

yes. I think the best way os try to handle this problem from the client side, managing the information provided from CCV.
The OpenCv Side is interesting, but still out from my knowledge(...)

I’ve found this project
http://thiagodefreitas.wordpress.com/2009/08/19/ccv-hand-tracking-module-video-9-finger-varredure-at-hand-roi/#comments
that is looking for a very similar task.

cheers.

Posted: 04 December 2009 04:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Total Posts:  2539
Dedicated

Can provide some more information on what you’re attempting to do; maybe we can help you a little further. Are you trying to determine something specific about hands only or ? smile

Signature 

MTmini, MTbiggie, & Audiotouch creator & Community Core Vision Co-founder

Follow on:
My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Posted: 24 December 2009 03:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-12-24
Total Posts:  11

I’m hoping to do the same thing, but in order to achieve a very different result. I’m working on a front-LLP setup that has a few “trouble spots” where the camera always picks up blobs that I don’t want—the lasers, a small shiny spot on the TV, and the beam hitting the ceiling. None of these are actually in the touchable area, so ignoring all input from those areas would have no effect on real blobs. Is there any way to crop the source video (in a non-rectangular way, to account for perspective), or better yet, cut out specific areas or just “paint over” them so they’re always black, and thus never see any blobs from there? I don’t imagine this is possible in CCV, but have you heard of any software that could do this to a live input? (I’m using a PS3 Eye on a Mac, by the way)

Posted: 20 April 2014 11:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-12-02
Total Posts:  20

I am not so familar with camera (Unibrain Fire-i), so with the image cropping function. II use Canon camera, and each time I need to edit the images in the camera, I would like to load and export the images, and embed them them into a robust image processing software or image editing application to crop images to save a copy of certain part of an image file or cut out certain unwanted part from one image file.