Flash Not Working With CCV (v 1.2)
Posted: 27 December 2009 07:53 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2009-12-27
Total Posts:  6

Hi I’m new here and building my first table (I plan on using the LLP method for now I’m testing with IR lights and no surface).

I’m having an problem with getting any flash demo to work. For some reason no flash demo seems to work neither those that came with the CCV build and those in the touchlib v 2.0 build.

Here is what I have working and tried so far:

1. PS3 Eye - removed IR filter, installed drivers and tested as working with computer.
2. Downloaded CCV 1.2 on Win XP.
3. Ran Community Core Vision.exe and everything is working just fine. I can see blobs on the screen when IR light is pointed at camera.
4. Changed settings to: Use Camera for Source Image and checked the box for Send TUIO TCP | For Flash (F).
5. Added folder location for demo folder into Adobe flash trusted locations settings using the Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager.
6. Tried the following flash demos.
6a. Ran 2) Photo Demo.swf in demos folder.
- Results: I just get a black screen, even though I see white blobs on Community Core Vision.exe program where IR light is hitting camera.
6b. Ran Paint.swf that comes with touchlib_beta_v2.0 - also tried all other flash demos that come with this build (all flash files in trusted location for Adobe Flash).
- Results: Just a black screen for Paint.swf, other flash demos such as Ripples.swf I just see a picture of the rocks and no ripples.
6c. Changed settings to: Use Video for Source Image and ran all flash tests above - still not working.
6d. Changed settings to: checked the box for Send TUIO OSC (T) also tried checked the box for Send Width & Height and ran all flash tests above - still not working.

I’m not sure if I’m missing something here or what but it seems like no data is being sent to the flash apps.
I’m also running an Apache server - tried it with the server on and off but got the same results from both.
I’ve also tried running touchlib by itself (Config.bat, Server.bat, Vision.bat, then flash files) and got the same results.

Image Attachments
flash-not-working.jpg
 Signature 

Gallagher Website Design

Posted: 27 December 2009 09:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-28
Total Posts:  274

Have you also gone through the calibration in CCV?
I was having the same problem once until I did that.

Signature 

Flash files and tutorial[s] available at:

cyancdesign Tutorial Blog Posts
and
http://wiki.nuigroup.com/Documents_and_tutorials

Posted: 27 December 2009 09:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-12-27

Hi cyancdesign,

I did go through that but no luck. Also I did try opening the flash files in a browser and they worked that way - after I wrote a HTML page to display the flash. But still don’t work if I use a standalone flash player. I’m guessing it might have to do with my standalone flash player version, which is v6. I’ve checked the Adobe site and can’t find a download for just the standalone player - I’ve gone and re-installed the v10.* that’s there but my standalone flash player still says it’s v6. Any ideas of where to download this?

Signature 

Gallagher Website Design

Posted: 27 December 2009 10:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-12-27

[Edited - this did work!]

I just found and install a new standalone flash player - this worked! Here is the new v10 standalone flash player: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/10/flash_player_update_200911_flash10.zip You have to go into the Release folder in there and then run Install Flash Player 10 ActiveX.exe to install the standalone.

Signature 

Gallagher Website Design

Posted: 27 December 2009 10:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-28
Total Posts:  274

Awesome. Thanks for posting what worked.

Signature 

Flash files and tutorial[s] available at:

cyancdesign Tutorial Blog Posts
and
http://wiki.nuigroup.com/Documents_and_tutorials

Posted: 28 December 2009 01:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Total Posts:  2539
Dedicated

I’m glad you got it working smile Thanks for posting ‘the fix’.

Signature 

MTmini, MTbiggie, & Audiotouch creator & Community Core Vision Co-founder

Follow on:
My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube