I want to thank everyone in advance for answering my questions.
For the longest time, I have been wanting to build a table with multi touch capabilities to sell to commercial business’s. Before 2 weeks ago I never knew multi touch tables even existed. And for the last year I have dreamed of making a table of my own design. I would like to use information found on this very web site and other information found on the web along with my own to make my table. I have the resources and money to build one table.
I have read everything and understand how to make the table and have it finished by the end of next month and would like to do so without issues.
My questions are as follows.
1. I never made any of the software found on the internet and would like to know who will I have to pay, royalties, etc, if I sell my Multi touch table if this is even possible?
If I cant sell my table with software because of legalities, Ill sell it without and let the new owner get or make their own software.
2. I want to make a spacial DSI setup with my own unique custom table like I have never seen before and ask if it is against the law as far as patents go to make my table in my own way?
3. I would like to use a computer built into the table with a computer I buy at best buy or one someone custom built, would that be legal?
4. The computer would have windows 7 on it already from the store or custom builder, is that legal to have in the table?
5. Is there anything I am missing?
In conclusion, I dont want to piss anyone off for their hard work. I see alot of people on here that have put alot of time and effort into all of this. I dont want to build and sell a table without knowing the people that helped make all this happen are satisfied.
Like many of the people here, I dont like how patents are on on every little thing as to where you cant help improve on something to make it better. This slows down all of our advancement in technology. But I dont want to make something and sell it because its patented.
On another note, I will not be applying a patent to any of my designs to the structure of my table. I would like to post my designs here at NUI group and see what others think along the way.
Thank You for reading