Low framerate in ccv with Windows 7. 
Posted: 19 January 2010 10:02 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-19
Total Posts:  2

Hi all,

Its my first time posting on here, so forgive me if my searching attempts prior to posting weren’t up to scratch, however I couldn’t find the answer to my question.

I’ve been using a FireflyMV camera on windows XP with ccv running perfectly. I’ve just however moved onto Windows 7, since im wanting to take advantage of a few of its features (injecting touch events being high on the list). Unfortunately, CCV seems unable to go above 5fps when processing the camera input. The firefly camera doesn’t yet have a Windows 7 signed driver, but it works fine in the cam software (runs 60fps easily), and another camera is also having the same issue in CCV.

Is there anything I’m missing with setting CCV up on Win 7? is there a specific win 7 download? Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 19 January 2010 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-02-11
Total Posts:  155

Hey and welcome! Try downloading the latest driver for yer graphics card. This solves alot of the fps-issues.

Signature 

.Limpa

Posted: 19 January 2010 04:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-11-26
Total Posts:  77

Sometimes CCV only raises the FPS when you minimize it.  Press space, and see if it works.  This happens for me.

The problem might also be that the framerate you set in the config.xml file was too high...whenever i set it too high, CCV just pushes it back to 5 or 15.  My camera is supposed to be able to take 120 fps, but ccv only works with it if i put 100 or 110 in the config.xml file.  Tweak around and see what works

Good luck!

Signature 

"Pain is weakness leaving the body.”
-The Soldier

Posted: 21 January 2010 05:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-19
Total Posts:  2

Thanks for the help guys. Turns out the problem was a corrupted dll, one of the 2005VS ones (msvcr or msvcp, I replaced them both). While the original dll’s were there it wouldn’t run at more than 5fps, unless I set the framerate in config to around 10, then it would run at 20 (go figure). With the replaced dll’s its now running at 60fps which is what I need.

Thanks for the replies smile