Simple Multitouch Web Browser : Need Help
Posted: 20 January 2010 05:38 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2009-12-15
Total Posts:  40

hey all, i wrote simple web browser in vb wpf, i used the multitouchable framework got it here from the forum, anyways...everything is alright its so simple based on the wpf web browser control, you can drag , rotate everything except the webbrowser control it self it can be dragged but thats it,,,and the MTkeyboard always types the letters double,yah one more thing...i think the elements inside the browser it self from the loaded pages can be handled only as single touch in addition of using an autohide mt keyboard for text boxes,, i need help and i wouldn’t find it anywhere better than NUI Group!!! the VB project is attached waiting for the suggestions and improvments because im planning on making a huge MT web browser but i need to fix this issue and i have no time, thnx

File Attachments
VB MT WebBrowser.rar  (File Size: 865KB - Downloads: 511)

Posted: 20 January 2010 11:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-02-04
Total Posts:  93

The WPF web browser control is internally hosting a Win32 control, so you still have all of the Win32 interop issues. That means no transformations (scaling, rotating), no special effects, and the interaction is always limited to the primary touch point.

Take a look at this control based on Chrome that does allow the native WPF behaviors.

http://chriscavanagh.wordpress.com/2009/08/25/a-real-wpf-webbrowser/

Signature 

Joshua Blake
Co-founder & VP of Engineering, Orbbec
http://www.orbbec3d.com

Posted: 10 July 2010 08:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-07
Total Posts:  3

Business Web Hosting hey all, i wrote simple web browser in vb wpf, i used the multitouchable framework got it here from the forum, anyways...everything is alright its so simple based on the wpf web browser control, you can drag , rotate everything except the webbrowser control it self it can be dragged but thats it,,

Interesting article - I’ve never used or heard much about Awesomium - wonder if anyone is using it with Chrome and thoughts/recommendations…
Enterprise Web Hosting Best Linux Server Hosting