2 of 6
TUIO multiplexer suite
Posted: 01 February 2010 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-10-23
Total Posts:  148

Here is the background button fix!

File Attachments
Community Core Vision.zip  (File Size: 897KB - Downloads: 737)

Posted: 01 February 2010 03:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-03-10
Total Posts:  178

Wow that was quick! thanks grin

Signature 

Multitouch Music

Posted: 01 February 2010 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-12
Total Posts:  2225
Dedicated

Just to clarify, you mention the Firefly MV camera from Pointgrey and that you chose the firewire version so I am assuming you used that camera and not a ps3 eye camera.  Can you use a ps3 eye camera to do the same setup? And if so, what kind of problems would you run into?

Signature 

MT Website - A Collection of the Most Relevant Multitouch Info From These Forums
Multitouch Blog
Multitouch Parts Store - Buy Infrared Touch Frames (No Camera Needed!), Complete Modified Cameras and DIY Upgrade Kits, m12/CS Mounts, m12/CS Lenses, Infrared Lasers, LEDs, etc

Posted: 01 February 2010 05:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-08-04
Total Posts:  30

Hey sloopi,

The tracker seems to run just fine, however, I did try opening the TUIO Multiplexor and got the following error, thought I’d report it:

“This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.”

I am running Windows XP SP2 on an Intel Core 2 Dui @ 2.8GHz, 3GB of ram. I did copy over FreeImage.dll into the directory from my CCV directory, and also tried FreeImagePlus.dll just in case.

Keep up the good work,
J

Posted: 01 February 2010 06:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-10-23
PeauProductions - 01 February 2010 05:30 PM

Just to clarify, you mention the Firefly MV camera from Pointgrey and that you chose the firewire version so I am assuming you used that camera and not a ps3 eye camera.  Can you use a ps3 eye camera to do the same setup? And if so, what kind of problems would you run into?

No PS3 .
As a far as i testet you get just always the same deviceID from the driver. Well AlexP won’t give us the freedom i think,as this driver is his crown jewel. But even if he would release it, the PointGrey is by far the professional camera. In the course of the project i’m involved i never regretted my decision. From the start I had no problems with some performance/bus throughput. They never crash and their housing and csMount adapter i learnt to appreciate.
Its quite a bit challenging to get into the whole setup with the driver if you never used them before. And PointGrey wants only FireWire cards with particular chipsets. But afterwards you won’t want to miss it’s features.
But the efforts only make sense on larger installation with more then 3 cameras i would say.
So you can mix now for example a PS3 with a Fire-i on one machine. But i never got my Fire-i bw and Fire-i color run at the same time mad

Posted: 01 February 2010 06:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-10-23
jordanh - 01 February 2010 05:45 PM

Hey sloopi,

The tracker seems to run just fine, however, I did try opening the TUIO Multiplexor and got the following error, thought I’d report it:

“This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.”

Hm mad ,
to test some missing dll you could download dependencywalker
Open the multiplexer with this tool and look if you get a hint.

Posted: 02 February 2010 03:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-09
Total Posts:  268

As a far as i testet you get just always the same deviceID from the driver.

I do not think that this also applies to the Linux or OSX drivers, although I have not tested it. I know however that someone just plugged three PS3Eyes in on Ubuntu 9.10 and they all worked out of the box. I can confirm myself that OSX with a recent macam driver handles two PS3Eyes at the same time with no problem.

I will test that with your CCV version as soon as I can run it on Linux/OSX.

Signature 

My Blog
PyMT—Create Multitouch Software easily!
Movid—New cross-platform tracker, work in progress!

Posted: 02 February 2010 08:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-06-27
Total Posts:  24

Thanks a lot for your contribution, sloopidoopi!

I was trying to use it with two PointGrey Dragonfly2 cameras (1024x768@30Hz). When I start it up, I can see the camera image for 1 or 2 seconds, before CCV crashes unfortunately.

For this Dragonfly setup, I have a working CCV version (based on 1.2 with some modifcations in ofxffmv.cpp/h to make the cameras work with different resolution and framerates).

Would you mind sharing your source code so I could have a look into where things go wrong?

Many thanks,
Dominik

Posted: 02 February 2010 09:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-10-23
dominik - 02 February 2010 08:47 AM

Thanks a lot for your contribution, sloopidoopi!

I was trying to use it with two PointGrey Dragonfly2 cameras (1024x768@30Hz). When I start it up, I can see the camera image for 1 or 2 seconds, before CCV crashes unfortunately.

For this Dragonfly setup, I have a working CCV version (based on 1.2 with some modifcations in ofxffmv.cpp/h to make the cameras work with different resolution and framerates).

Would you mind sharing your source code so I could have a look into where things go wrong?

Many thanks,
Dominik

Look in my ofxffmv.cpp
I always read the [0] context from the PointGrey driver ,because i only create one.

In the ofxNCoreVision::getPixels() method you have to change all ffmv calls to ffmv->fcImage[0]. Note quite shure if there is somewhere else some call.

If the second camera has some dropouts try a smaller resolution or drop down the framerate.

File Attachments
ofxffmv.zip  (File Size: 3KB - Downloads: 655)

Posted: 02 February 2010 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-08-04
sloopidoopi - 01 February 2010 06:57 PM

jordanh - 01 February 2010 05:45 PM
Hey sloopi,

Hm mad ,
to test some missing dll you could download dependencywalker
Open the multiplexer with this tool and look if you get a hint.

Thanks man, that did the trick. I was missing some dll’s (MSVCP90.dll..) because I don’t have MS Visual C++ installed on this machine-- just downloaded the runtime package from microsoft and that took care of everything.

I did find another issue though-- seems that I can’t “Quit” either applications (CCV Fiducial or Multiplexor)-- the “x” is greyed out and “close” does not show up if I click the app icon on the top left. I’ve just been force quitting through task manager-- anybody else experience this?

cheers!

Posted: 02 February 2010 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-10-23
jordanh - 02 February 2010 02:52 PM

I did find another issue though-- seems that I can’t “Quit” either applications (CCV Fiducial or Multiplexor)-- the “x” is greyed out and “close” does not show up if I click the app icon on the top left. I’ve just been force quitting through task manager-- anybody else experience this?

cheers!

You have to hit ‘esc’. There is a GLUT Bug that causes to crash OpenFrameworks application when you hit the ‘x’ from the window.  So they are intentional greyd out.

Posted: 02 February 2010 03:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-08-04
sloopidoopi - 02 February 2010 03:32 PM

You have to hit ‘esc’. There is a GLUT Bug that causes to crash OpenFrameworks application when you hit the ‘x’ from the window.  So they are intentional greyd out.

Sweet, that explains that! Thanks for the quick response. I’ll let you know if I come across any actual bugs, haha smile

Posted: 03 February 2010 06:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-05-18
Total Posts:  27

How many cameras can be used if i use the square configuration?

Thanks for the great work.

Posted: 03 February 2010 07:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-10-23
s3b4st14n - 03 February 2010 06:18 AM

How many cameras can be used if i use the square configuration?

Thanks for the great work.

It’s a matter of your hardware. You could make as much entries as you want in the conf.xml . As the system could be distributed on several machines and only the TUIO data is send, it should be scale very well.
So on larger systems i prefer some Firewire based cameras, as from my test the USB solutions may fail due some bus/data througputs problems on one single machine. But i don’t know if there are good circumvents for this USB issues. AlexP has done an 8 PS3 camera setup but only with his own driver, that is not public.
If somebody has good information about a USB solution it would be great as the FireFly setup is not the cheapest.

Posted: 03 February 2010 08:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-06-27
Total Posts:  24
sloopidoopi - 02 February 2010 09:50 AM

Look in my ofxffmv.cpp
I always read the [0] context from the PointGrey driver ,because i only create one.

In the ofxNCoreVision::getPixels() method you have to change all ffmv calls to ffmv->fcImage[0]. Note quite shure if there is somewhere else some call.

If the second camera has some dropouts try a smaller resolution or drop down the framerate.

Thanks for sending me the code, I had a quick look at it (am not an expert with the PointGrey API, though). I compared it to the version of ofxffmv.cpp I have. The only difference is really that you only create a single context. To be honest, I don’t really understand the purpose of creating a context for all available cameras, CCV is going to use only 1 anyway.

I had another test run where I connected a Firefly camera only. It runs for about 30 seconds before it also crashes unfortunately. So, I guess the reasons lies somewhere else…

2 of 6