Source for W2TUIO
Posted: 02 February 2010 04:11 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-18
Total Posts:  32

I’ve gone through a lot of the posts on this thread from jouker -
http://nuigroup.com/forums/viewthread/4087/

but I’ve not come across a reference to source code of the W2TUIO.EXE application.

Is the source code available for this application?

bamalam

Posted: 10 February 2010 09:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-18

Well so far I have no reply on this.

The W2TUIO application looks like it could be very useful in enabling a choice of development environment for manufactured touch devices such as the Microsoft Surface or the Dell XT.

Having the source would enable debugging of problems and confidence that TUIO based applications can be developed for these devices as well as home made multi-touch devices. Surely this is a good thing but am I missing where the source is available? Looks like I’m going to have to PM jouker on this.

bamalam

Posted: 12 February 2010 04:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-18

Although I have had no response to my query on source for W2TUIO, I have come across this great post from Martin Kaltenbrunner which outlines a library that does Surface-to-TUIO conversion which is part of something called Squidy. The website is at squidy-lib.de which is the website of a German university that have developed this library.

This library should ensure that applications developed for TUIO such as Flash based ones, can also be used on Microsoft Surface. It gives assurance to those that are developing apps that are tested on CCV based hardware that they can then be applied to Surface based platforms. The library is open source under the LGPL license and available from Sourceforge.

I’ve yet to use it in anger. I’ll report back to the forum on results of tests with it.

bamalam

Posted: 14 February 2010 01:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-11-09
Total Posts:  1499
Administrator

Thanks for the research bamalam please keep us updated on your findings

Signature 

~

Posted: 11 March 2010 07:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-18

Seen as the nature of this discussion has now moved on to making use of the SurfaceToTUIO part of squidy-lib as mentioned above, I’ve now posted the progress on this in another forum post.

Therefore details can be found at: http://nuigroup.com/forums/viewthread/8974/

and this is where updates on this will be posted in the future.

bamalam