New CCV 1.3 Installer Released
Posted: 14 February 2010 12:09 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-11-09
Total Posts:  1499
Administrator

ccv131.png xwidth=504
<div class="post_item">

Hey guys we are happy to release CCV 1.3 which brings with it a much easier to use installer. We have worked on the tracking algorithm to provide much more smoother tracking, this includes a simple weighted low-pass filter and using floats instead of integers in our display mapping methods. 

Please let us know any feedback and have fun! Getting started with computer vision and multi-touch has never been so easy.

Here are some of the changes:
- Move to LGPL License
- Fixed bug with acceleration value calculation
- Added raw binary TCP protocol (sync-header for blob data packet)
- Changed the color of buttons to red for better contrast
- Added 1-exp(accel/x) adaptive filter coefficient (for tracking smoothing)
- Fixed the blob count for blobs that are not sent ie. blob(0,0)
- More optimization for PS3 Eye
- Stopped using integers to for calibration mapping (CameraToScreenMap)
- Fixed known logging issue.
- See repository for full changelog
</div>

<div class="post_item">Blog Article  |  Project Page  |  Download Page  |  Get the Source
</div>

Signature 

~

Posted: 10 February 2010 03:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-10-23
Total Posts:  148

Congratulations!
It’s great too see how this Project evolve over time.
Can’t wait to see version 2.0 smile

Cheers

Posted: 10 February 2010 04:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-03-10
Total Posts:  178

Thanks V. Much! cant wait to try it out grin

Signature 

Multitouch Music

Posted: 10 February 2010 05:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-12-03
Total Posts:  3

This is a software-beginner question: Since CCV can now be ‘officially’ installed, would it be easier to have things like the MultiTouchVista drivers run automatically, say by having CCV make them run?  I’ve been trying to get the MTV drivers running as services, and it’s not working out so well; the red dots return whenever I execute them :(

Or maybe an extension/something similar can be made for CCV 1.3 that automatically loads the MTV drivers? Or, they could just be built in.  Again, this is coming from someone who knows almost next to nothing about programming.

Posted: 10 February 2010 07:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-11-18
Total Posts:  112

Thats a good idea, i’m with TheJollyFellow. It would be very nice to have those drivers load with CCV

Posted: 10 February 2010 10:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-08-26
Total Posts:  62

Is anybody else having problems running this?  When I try to run this I get this error.
?ACT=28&fid=27&aid=5197_f2OORiZ7riZIV3l2GpaF

Image Attachments
CCV.png

Posted: 11 February 2010 01:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-08
Total Posts:  342

Do you have VS2008 SP1 redist installed on your machine?

Signature 

Computing is not about computers any more.  It is about living!

Code Laboratories
CL Studio Live - Video like never before
CL Eye Platform SDK

Posted: 11 February 2010 02:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-11-05
Total Posts:  173
TheJollyFellow - 10 February 2010 05:45 PM

This is a software-beginner question: Since CCV can now be ‘officially’ installed, would it be easier to have things like the MultiTouchVista drivers run automatically, say by having CCV make them run?  I’ve been trying to get the MTV drivers running as services, and it’s not working out so well; the red dots return whenever I execute them :(

Or maybe an extension/something similar can be made for CCV 1.3 that automatically loads the MTV drivers? Or, they could just be built in.  Again, this is coming from someone who knows almost next to nothing about programming.

This will be helpful to us that we run Windows 7/Vista. I don’t know if this implementation can happen BUT think of the other guys that run Linux, OSX etc. This addon will not help them in their setups. From the other side, CCV and MTV are totally different things. Why should be together?

Signature 

coming soon - My MT proposal

First taste of my mt surface table: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZaFvm1nbps and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy3fPCdqX6g (one video split to two)

Posted: 11 February 2010 03:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-02-11
Total Posts:  155

Looks good! canĀ“t wait to get home and do some testing! Thanks!

Signature 

.Limpa

Posted: 11 February 2010 03:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-05
Total Posts:  44

AlexP,

I have the same problem with that popup box error. I have the latest version of visual studio but no version of 1.3 will work for me. 1.2 works fine.

JF

Signature 

JF Labs - Check for detailed updates on stuff im building

Posted: 11 February 2010 03:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-08-26
Total Posts:  59

It’s so great! Can’t waite to test it! thx!

Posted: 11 February 2010 04:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-31
Total Posts:  13

Good job man!

:D

Posted: 11 February 2010 04:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-10-23
Total Posts:  46

well done! glad to see the new version cant wait to try it out smile

thanks

Posted: 11 February 2010 05:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-03-10
Total Posts:  178

I tested this last night, such a big step forward! The tracking is definitely much better,
Thanks again!

Signature 

Multitouch Music

Posted: 11 February 2010 07:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-12-03
Total Posts:  3
papakion - 11 February 2010 02:33 AM

TheJollyFellow - 10 February 2010 05:45 PM

This will be helpful to us that we run Windows 7/Vista. I don’t know if this implementation can happen BUT think of the other guys that run Linux, OSX etc. This addon will not help them in their setups. From the other side, CCV and MTV are totally different things. Why should be together?

Well, I guess I’m thinking that there’s a large crowd out there who use CCV for the sole purpose of getting multi touch to work on Windows Vista/7 (rather, I’d say that crowd is growing rapidly and will continue to grow rapidly in the near future), so why not make it as easy as possibly to use features and software that already exists?  If we as a community can offer a software which makes your Windows 7 computer multi-touch, we can only grow and diversify from there in terms of specialty software and UI’s.

Posted: 11 February 2010 07:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-09
Total Posts:  268

Hate to be that guy, but when will OSX/Linux versions (in binary form) be available? grin

Signature 

My Blog
PyMT—Create Multitouch Software easily!
Movid—New cross-platform tracker, work in progress!

1 of 3