3 of 3
HOWTO: Compile CCV under Linux/Ubuntu 9.10
Posted: 02 March 2010 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-02-18
Total Posts:  18

Well, it looks like I’m not the only one with this problem here: http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=com.ubuntu:en-US:official&q=+site:nuigroup.com+cxarray.cpp+Non-positive+cols+or+rows+in+function+cvInitMatHeader&ei=aIGNS7L9G4zN8Qb1w4jLDw&sa=X&oi=forum_cluster&resnum=4&ct=more-results&ved=0CBYQrQIwAw

No solution yet though.

Now ... I’m a half-noob, so I might be saying something stupid here:
In CodeBlocks, shouldn’t there be a way to load the OpenCV source code in parallel to the CCV project, and put a breakpoint where this error comes from? The OpenCV libraries (libcv.so and libcxcore.so) are dynamic libraries, so would we be able to track the call that generates this runtime error?

Cheers.

Posted: 02 March 2010 07:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-17
Total Posts:  53

@00b00nt00 : you’re asking questions that are out of my range, sorry mate :/ can’t help you
Anyway, I’ve finally finished to write how I do to compile with Eclipse / CDT, that was long tongue laugh
Here’s the blog post if anyone is interested :
http://melka.one.free.fr/mt/index.php/2010/02/how-to-compile-ccv-with-eclipse/

edit : @00b00nt00 isn’t your segfault coming from the fact that config.xml wants to play the rear_di.m4v test video ? did you change it to tell CCV to use the camera ? I just had a segfault and that’s because I don’t have the codecs for m4v under ubuntu… might be dumb, but might be an answer wink

Signature 

LLP + LCD Build Log

Posted: 03 March 2010 03:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-02-18
Total Posts:  18
melka - 02 March 2010 07:47 PM

edit : @00b00nt00 isn’t your segfault coming from the fact that config.xml wants to play the rear_di.m4v test video ? did you change it to tell CCV to use the camera ? I just had a segfault and that’s because I don’t have the codecs for m4v under ubuntu… might be dumb, but might be an answer wink

You were right!! :S

I can now report that I’m succesfuly running the software. Can’t believe that was the problem, thanks a lot @melka!
My next step: testing this with my PS3 Eye camera and full table support.

Comment: I hope I manage to run CCV with my custom default videos though. Would be very helpful for my testing.

Posted: 30 April 2010 02:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-04-27
Total Posts:  150

I followed all the instructions and added the link options but I am still getting this error:
Found following issues with libraries:

Didn’t found configuration for libraries:
* gstreamer-0.10 * gstreamer-base-0.10 * gstreamer-video-0.10 * libavcodec * libavformat * libavutil * libswscale
Would you like to go to detection dialog ?

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Signature 

Build a Near Touch Device! | Blog | 23" LCD FTIR running Ubuntu 11.04 | 32" LCD DSI Coffeetable

Posted: 04 August 2010 02:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-10-22
Total Posts:  11
psychoz - 24 February 2010 09:57 AM

hi,
i’ve succefully managed to compile the trunk version of ccv/tbeta on ubuntu 9.10 32-bit. i’m not going to write here how much the current build system using codeblocks sucks, because you probably already know that smile my solution was to completly rewrite the build using cmake. there is some segfault when the configuration is set to use video source, but i really don’t care at this time, since camera seems to be working.

You should share your build system.

3 of 3