CCV Blob IDs not stable
Posted: 16 February 2010 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2009-09-20
Total Posts:  15

I am having a tough time getting blob IDs to stay constant and was wondering what settings others have found helpful using CCV? Currently, I am using CCV 1.3 (I don’t think it’s 1.3b, but I’ll try that asap) and here is a screen shot of my current settings. If anyone has advice about this, I would appreciate it a lot.

AdtqW.jpg

-jacobgc

Image Attachments
AdtqW.jpg

Posted: 17 February 2010 03:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-04-14
Total Posts:  1897
Dedicated

what do you mean by staying constant ? they disappear or they don’t follow when you move ?

Signature 

One more but very useful blog : http://blog.cktouch.com/
Rear DI + Windows Seven = So Nice…

Posted: 17 February 2010 04:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-11-09
Total Posts:  1499
Administrator

put exposure to the max first… then alter the gain.. (it seems you have it set very high) as you may have an issue with your bandpass filter (what is the bandwidth of the filter?)

Signature 

~

Posted: 17 February 2010 04:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-04-14
Total Posts:  1897
Dedicated

ho yeah right I didn’t notice that, you should defintly change your gain and exposure settings…

Signature 

One more but very useful blog : http://blog.cktouch.com/
Rear DI + Windows Seven = So Nice…

Posted: 17 February 2010 02:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-09-20
Total Posts:  15

@MachineGun
The blob IDs basically disappear and new ones are assigned very quickly as my hand moves

@Christian Moore
I’ll try putting the exposure to max and altering the gain. When you refer to “it being set high”, are you talking about the gain or exposure? My current setup involves the PS3Eye 850nm and
Environmental Lights IR LED Strip 850nm. A schematic of my setup is shown below.

H2qBo.jpg

Do you think the distance the camera is away from the screen has an effect? I think the camera is about 4 or 5 feet away from the top (It’s a really tall table!). Also I’m wondering if the projector light has an effect on the bandpass filter.

Posted: 26 February 2010 02:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-09-15
Total Posts:  91
jacobgc - 17 February 2010 02:09 PM

@MachineGun
The blob IDs basically disappear and new ones are assigned very quickly as my hand moves

Do you think the distance the camera is away from the screen has an effect? I think the camera is about 4 or 5 feet away from the top (It’s a really tall table!). Also I’m wondering if the projector light has an effect on the bandpass filter.

Try turning up the smoothing, blur, noise, and amplification settings to make your blobs larger.

‹‹ ccv 1.2 and 1.3 crash      Help with OpenCV ››