I’m a fan of home automation, with large experience in this field, I got the idea to build a coffee table type multitouch DSi certainly, and associate a multitouch interface has dedicated home automation + media center. For the soft part (c + +), a friend encoder is dejas walk to work.
In this project, there are three imperatives:
The first is cited above is a coffee table, which said low so small
The second: to reduce noise at maximum not want to hear the fans or other mechanical device, again it is a coffee table.
the third is going to advocate that table in the middle of the room, then seen by everyone, she must have a pleasant and professional look.
* A screen lcd hd 37 inches
* One webcam sony PS3
* A plate of plexi type EndLighten thickness 8 mm
* LED ribbon 850NM
* Target camera sony PS3 2.1 mm wide 116 degree angle mount m12 and a bye pass filter infrared, replacing the original.
* A chassis made of aluminum (type pro)
* 4 sheets of Plexiglas painted black for the walls
I’m sorry for my English