Project Proposal - UI work on MT4J
Posted: 07 April 2010 08:27 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2009-06-13
Total Posts:  3

As I am currently finishing my bachelor thesis which uses MT4J as multi-touch development framework, I’d like to propose a gsoc project containing some work on the user interface

These suggestions are closely modeled on the propsed topics in the wiki:

1) Adding ability to skin components in MT4J using a subset of css options
2) Creating new reusable menus, e.g. for accessing the file system, contextual menus with a definable set of options, extending the HUD by displaying contextually relevant options, “learning” menus that change their order based on their local relevance and the number of times that the item has been accessed
3) Create Standard UI components, such as dropdown menus, incremental search textfields/dropdown menus, checkboxes etc.
3) Adding the ability to change font, colour etc. of text elements during the runtime

What do you think?

Image Attachments
aao.jpgBasicUI.jpgCrop.jpgReusanle Menu.jpgCooliris.jpg

Posted: 07 April 2010 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-11-09
Total Posts:  1495
Administrator

Hey Molokid,

I’m sure MT4J could really use this make sure to propose on 9th, if possible provide some basic visuals with your proposal to assure you can communicate your UI Goals.

Signature 

~

Posted: 07 April 2010 07:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-06-13

Ok, i’ll try to do a mockup for the first two later, I guess the third is self-evident

Posted: 08 April 2010 11:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-06-13

Update: Mockups, added point 3)

Posted: 13 April 2010 05:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-04-30
Total Posts:  612
Elite

Needless to say, I would love to see this project. It would definitely allow for a fast creation or prototyping of 2D multi-touch user interfaces. With css and skin support it would also be flexible and easy to customize even for people used to web developement.

Signature 

MT4j - Multi-Touch for Java!

Posted: 15 April 2010 07:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-04-16
Total Posts:  183

Man, I really hope this project gets accepted (and is done well)! I am a professional web designer/developer and find MT4J to be an easily understandable framework; adding custom styling would be HUGELY helpful for designers.

Signature 

Visit my research blog at:
http://cs.unk.edu/~webb/