Multi Touch Market Research, Surface Sales? 
Posted: 24 April 2010 10:57 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-05
Total Posts:  461

I am trying to find market research for multitouch tables sold or deployed, Ideally would love to get an idea of how many Microsoft Surface tables were sold, I checked microsofts investor relations page and obviously did a bunch of searching but couldnt find anything.

If anyone knows the Surface sales numbers, articles referring to sales numbers or general multitouch table sales reports or trend predictions, that would be really helpful

Many thanks

Posted: 25 April 2010 12:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Total Posts:  2539
Dedicated

You’d probably do best contacting someone on the surface team to see if this information is public knowledge; I doubt they’ve released such information and probably is something used internally. Have you tried contacting someone?

Signature 

MTmini, MTbiggie, & Audiotouch creator & Community Core Vision Co-founder

Follow on:
My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Posted: 25 April 2010 01:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-05
Total Posts:  461

i have reached out, havent heard back from anyone as of yet.

Posted: 26 April 2010 09:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-07-31
Total Posts:  213

It’s unlikely that a sufficient number of multi-touch devices have been sold or deployed to generate much meaningful data. I’m unaware of a “multi-touch” trade organization - unless you count the NUI site! There are probably only a few dozen companies in the world developing and selling true multi-touch devices. If any one of them has sold 1000 units, I’d be surprised (and impressed).

It’s also highly unlikely that MS is going to share their sales data.