SenseWall
Posted: 25 June 2010 04:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-07-08
Total Posts:  3
serratiago - 03 May 2010 06:36 AM

mobius - 27 April 2010 06:15 PM
awesome! I want one!

could you share info on the stitching of the cameras?
and the blending of projectors?

We didn’t blend both projections. The software we found to do projection blending was proprietary so we just hand calibrated the projections extra carefully wink
Is anyone aware of opensource hardware/software to do this?

awesome! I want one!

are you processing the images-to-tuio and running the apps all from one computer?
what are the specs of this one computer?

We are running everything from a single computer. I just updated the post with the machine specs.

Thanks for the nice replies everyone.

You might try Lighttwist.  It is used for showing images in multiprojector systems.  I do not know if it has edge blending.  The user guide is not in English.

Posted: 28 June 2010 05:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-10-14
Total Posts:  34

VVVV has a built in edge blending module but it’s very limited in functionality, otherwise there is the NVidia Quadroplex range, some support edge blending out of the box.  Some very high end projectors handle this for you (Christie / Barco) otherwise you’re into propriety software.

Of course, edge blending comes as standard on Mindstorm products wink

Signature 

Breeze for WPF 3.5 - new open source multi-touch framework… http://code.google.com/p/breezemultitouch/
Unity3d-TUIO - Unity3d starter project for TUIO compatible multi-touch games… https://code.google.com/p/unity3d-tuio/

Posted: 01 July 2010 01:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-06-24
Total Posts:  57

please, explain this:

in these photos, the laser is not lighting up the screen from behind(rear) at an angle of 45 degrees, parallel with the glass?

thanks,

Patitucci

Image Attachments
laser6.jpglaser1.jpglaser7.jpg

Posted: 01 July 2010 01:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-06-24
Total Posts:  57

is usually LLP, place the lasers, beyond the glass ... but this is not serious: rear laser LLP?

Posted: 07 July 2010 07:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-12-15
Total Posts:  4

@patitucci:
http://wiki.nuigroup.com/Laser_Light_Plane_Illumination_(LLP) all you need to know about LLP

@u-nick:
Guess they cut the corners to fit their laser modules. Since otherwise they would have had to insert them somehow reliably/calibratable into the frame.
About the lasers: Yes, they are definitely far more dangerous. If you think of laser safety classes then visible(!) lasers above 1mW are class 2 and 5mW (more specifically “5 times class 2") are already in class 3B which happens to be the second highest so to speak. With non-visible lasers - like the near-IR ones used here - about 2mW of output power are enough to put a setup into class 3B. This is because a) you cannot see the laser and so no blinking is triggered if it hits your eye and b) IR light travels very far into your skin. Another thing with class 3B lasers is other safety-stuff. Thinking of regulations prohibiting the usage of these devices without safety goggles or that only authorized personell is allowed to enter the “laser area” (=> no public exhibition). I’m not perfectly sure if this applies for all countries but at least this is true for Germany. Knowing this, besides that this LLP setup looks very good, I wouldn’t recommend anyone with rings on their fingers to use this multitouch for a long time. Sorry for bringing up the “carebear"-thingie but lasers really are no toys.

Posted: 07 July 2010 08:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-05-18
Total Posts:  6

just hand calibrated the projections extra carefully winkplease explain How?

And what’s about the cables connection to both projectors with your computer.

Posted: 07 July 2010 08:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-05-18
Total Posts:  6
bassono - 03 May 2010 06:49 AM

Hi,
Great work.
Can you share the name of the proprietary projection blending software you use?

This may help as a hardware solution for the edge blinding with VGA Cards from Nvidia http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_29134.html

Posted: 08 July 2010 10:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-02-09
Total Posts:  3

@firstposter
Exactly what I expected to hear - LLP is interesting only as experiment and can not be used in real installations.

Posted: 09 July 2010 07:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-05-13
Total Posts:  45
dennda - 24 June 2010 01:48 PM

Love it.

Will the “I upload my custom app"-thing be implemented in PyMT as well?

Yup.

-- Begin of Python love

The app laucher was implemented in PyMT which is available at the SenseWall. The tool to upload your applications is a web app coded in Python and hosted on Google’s AppEngine.

-- End Of Python love

wink

Signature 

HCI videos
and photos

Posted: 09 July 2010 07:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-05-13
u-nick - 25 June 2010 12:17 PM

Hi,
Great installation!
I wanted to ask 3 questions:
- why you wrapped edges of acrylic and what did you use for it?
- how did you managed to make so smooth surface of Rosco Black - no folds at all - only by using acrylic on top and double sided tape?

Yes, with a lot of care… :1

u-nick - 25 June 2010 12:17 PM

Hi,
- Are 28mw Lasers more dangerous compared to 5mw?
Thanks.

Yes they are. You shouldn’t point 5mw lasers to your eyes, much less 28mw.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_safety

Signature 

HCI videos
and photos

Posted: 09 July 2010 08:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-05-13

Hi,

Chance2222 - 25 June 2010 04:11 PM

serratiago - 03 May 2010 06:36 AM
awesome! I want one!

We didn’t blend both projections. The software we found to do projection blending was proprietary so we just hand calibrated the projections extra carefully wink
Is anyone aware of opensource hardware/software to do this?

awesome! I want one!

are you processing the images-to-tuio and running the apps all from one computer?
what are the specs of this one computer?

We are running everything from a single computer. I just updated the post with the machine specs.

Thanks for the nice replies everyone.

You might try Lighttwist.  It is used for showing images in multiprojector systems.  I do not know if it has edge blending.  The user guide is not in English.

Wow, it seems really promising. I’ll try it for sure. Thanks for the heads up.

Signature 

HCI videos
and photos

Posted: 09 July 2010 08:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-05-13
simonl_mindstorm - 28 June 2010 05:51 AM

VVVV has a built in edge blending module but it’s very limited in functionality, otherwise there is the NVidia Quadroplex range, some support edge blending out of the box.  Some very high end projectors handle this for you (Christie / Barco) otherwise you’re into propriety software.

Of course, edge blending comes as standard on Mindstorm products wink

Thanks Simon. Your hardware solutions would definitely be the best way to go. I’ll definitely try the software ones just because they come “cheaper”.

Also, great work on bringing multitouch dev to more people with Breeze wink

best,

Signature 

HCI videos
and photos

Posted: 09 July 2010 08:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-05-13

Hi Adel,

Adel Kraim - 07 July 2010 08:37 AM

bassono - 03 May 2010 06:49 AM
Hi,
Great work.
Can you share the name of the proprietary projection blending software you use?

This may help as a hardware solution for the edge blinding with VGA Cards from Nvidia http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_29134.html

Nice out of the box solution smile. Thanks.

Signature 

HCI videos
and photos

Posted: 14 July 2010 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-07-15
Total Posts:  15

to Serratiago.

I have questions about video of laser calibration (0m38s-0m40s). How did you achieve so contrast image? And what type of illumination was in the room (sunlight or candlelight).
I ask You because I’ve received 850 28mW lasers and have bad results with my 850 bandpass filter (from PeauProd) on PS3Eye:
capture1qg.th.jpg

I made this snapshot from two simultaneously connected cameras (with filter and without) in room with window at 4:00PM
Does your filters so much better than mine? Or problem is in daylight?
Can You post some snaphots from Your cameras in different lighting conditions?

Nolan from PeauProd. said me he tested that filter with 5mW 850 nm lasers and it works good, and maybe 28mW lasers are not exactly 850nm.

Posted: 15 July 2010 10:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-05-20
Total Posts:  219

hi,

i would like to know how easy/difficult is it to port the multi camera ccv to use the PGR fireflys instead?

3 of 4